Firstly, thank you for not only visiting Listen to Discover, but wanting to be featured on our site. We really do appreciate you taking the time to choose us to support your music, especially as we do things a little different here. As you will probably be aware, rather than featuring as many artists as possible, every artist that we provide coverage of has been specifically chosen from the 100’s of emails we receive. Yes that unfortunately means many are not featured, however, it also means that those who are, receive the specialised, dedicated, and detailed approach that lies at the heart of what we do.
So before getting in touch with us, please take a read of the information below.
Tips ahead of sending:
- Please take a proper look at the site before getting in touch to get a feel for the genres and artists covered. There is an a very open minded approach, however, tracks that are dance/grime/hip-hop/rap based are rarely featured, and those containing frequent profanity/controversial topics never.
- When contacting, please include your release date in the email subject. You may not get a response for a few days, but this will help us with initial communications.
- At the start of your email, please put either ‘Hi David’, ‘Hi Listen to Discover’, or something similar.
- If you are adapting an email that you sent elsewhere, please ensure you change the site name.
- At the very least, please provide a brief background about yourself, the release, a streaming link, and your track artwork. These are essential for us to confirm coverage.
- Please make it clear which feature/s you are contacting about. For reference the range available is: music reviews, interviews, music video features, and weekly track shares in our #FridayFinds.
- If you are wanting coverage to go live on the day of release/as close to as possible, please send your submission a minimum of 2/3 weeks beforehand. If you send sooner, that’s even better!
- If your release day has already happened, the track/EP/album will be considered in the same way as other submissions.
- Other than PR Services, there is no charge for coverage.
- A large number of requests enter the inbox per day (40+) so featuring everyone is simply impossible.
- Wherever possible, you will be notified as to whether coverage can be provided or not. A ‘no’ to coverage isn’t a refection of your release, more that it isn’t suitable for featuring. Please respect this decision.
- Finally, please be aware that Listen to Discover is run around other commitments so please wait at least 4 days (5 days if sent on a Friday) before getting back in touch.
Thank you for taking the time to read about how to send your coverage requests and to get in touch please email: email@example.com
Want to know more about how to improve your chances of getting coverage on not just Listen to Discover, but other music sites too? If so, sign up for our free downloadable PDF: Securing Coverage: A Guide for Independent Artists.